Position Title: Radiologic Technologist (RT)
- Job Description: Clinical
- Exempt / Non-exempt: Non-exempt
- Immediate Supervisor: Nursing Director
The purpose of this position is to provide our patients with quality care. Radiographers will perform the applicable radiographic examinations needed for proper diagnosis of urgent care patients. Outpatient services as necessary.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Verifies patient identity and pregnancy status.
- • Performs radiographic exams using ALARA and lead shielding where it won’t interfere with the image.
- • Follows established exam protocols.
- • Maintains patient comfort and modesty as the procedure allows.
- • Cleans the x-ray department.
- • Processes radiology reports.
- • Provides copies of images to patients for follow up care.
- • Takes care of day-to-day upkeep of the x-ray equipment.
- • Answers questions relating to the radiology department from the staff or patients.
- • Collects patient history, chief complaint, vital signs, height, weight and visual acuity.
- • Becomes competent in performing in-house lab tests.
- • Becomes competent in ordering labs sent out for analysis.
- • Ability to communicate discharge orders.
- • Maintains a clean work area and assists other staff members with additional tasks as needed.
- • Maintains all standards and educational requirements pertaining to registration and license.
- • Becomes trained in additional procedures as becomes necessary in the future. Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- • Patient positioning for all radiographic exams.
- • Good oral and written communication skills.
- • Willingness to learn additional skills as needed.
Credentials and Experience:
- • ARRT Registration
- • State of Ohio License, Radiologic